While waiting for my family to join me in San Antonio that Friday night, I enjoyed dinner with The "other" Consilio's and playing on the playground with Kennedy.
Saturday we headed to Gruene, Texas. Traffic was horrible going in...not sure if it was because no one could float the river the couple of weekends before because of flooding and all decided to return on the same weekend or that Gruene was having market days, but once making it into Gruene things were great. We walked around town, visited Gruene Hall, and had to have lunch at The Gristmill. According to Richard and Josh the chicken friend chicken is amazing. Carl says the ribs are a must have, but I say the Gristmill club is worth the visit alone!!!!
Richard and Carl with the girls in front of Gruene Hall...

Jordonna had at the best seat in the house...

Sitting on the swings in Gruene. (Josh is smiling because I bought him candied pecans!)

After Gruene and naps, we headed to the pool. Josh wanted to make sure we didn't leave home without the pink tube. Best place for that - around his waist...
Sunday (Father's Day) we lounged around while the girls played dress up. Then while the Daddy's got some special Daddy/Daughter time on Father's Day, Kendra and I made an ever important run to Half Price Books. (Yes, it was very important...Josh had to have Lord of the Flies. I just happened to find all those other books) Once we returned it was time to hit the road and head home.

No comments:
Post a Comment