With PawPaw and Dylan's help, Tony made his Pinewood Derby car exactly as he had planned - all the way down to the flames. At the first weigh-in, it was almost 3 grams heavier than the limit. Richard made a few adjustments the night before the race and Tony was set to race. In this video Tony is in the far 3rd lane. He places 2nd in this heat.
Even though Tony didn't place for the finals, he did win for "Hottest Flames".
Funny (and sad) story - They had Tony's den at the front giving out awards for cars and finals. They call "Andrew". No one gets up. I'm in the back trying to figure out which boy is Andrew - pretty sure we don't have an Andrew. Then I remember that when we got our car it read "Andrew Consilio". I thought, surely, they didn't make a mistake on his trophy. I let it go until every child had been awarded something and Tony had nothing. I saw Tony talking to his den leader and handling it himself (independent moment, YEA TONY!) His den leader was looking into it but wasn't sure where his was. I asked them to look at the last name because of the car box from earlier in the month. No this extra trophy didn't have Anythony's last name. This trophy was for Andrew Cobnsilli. (that name is hillarious!) Tony will get a new name plate for his trophy.
Funny (and sad) story - They had Tony's den at the front giving out awards for cars and finals. They call "Andrew". No one gets up. I'm in the back trying to figure out which boy is Andrew - pretty sure we don't have an Andrew. Then I remember that when we got our car it read "Andrew Consilio". I thought, surely, they didn't make a mistake on his trophy. I let it go until every child had been awarded something and Tony had nothing. I saw Tony talking to his den leader and handling it himself (independent moment, YEA TONY!) His den leader was looking into it but wasn't sure where his was. I asked them to look at the last name because of the car box from earlier in the month. No this extra trophy didn't have Anythony's last name. This trophy was for Andrew Cobnsilli. (that name is hillarious!) Tony will get a new name plate for his trophy.


No comments:
Post a Comment