Friday, October 30, 2009

Crockpot Tuesday #5...


is CHICKEN & DUMPLINGS!

Ingredients:
chicken
water
broth
4 cans biscuits* (or your own homemade dough if you prefer)
* Do not use flaky or buttermilk - basic cheap biscuits
Cream of Chicken soup
Salt, pepper, parsley

Directions:
Add chicken and water to the crock pot (enough water to cover an inch above the chicken)
Add in 2 cans chicken broth
Salt and Pepper as desired
Cook on Low 8 hours
When you are ready for dinner, cut up the biscuits into fourths and add to the chicken.
Add parsley (as desired)
Cook on High in crock pot for 30 minutes.

I actually had this on Wednesday because Tuesday Granddaddy took everyone to Pizza Hut after the football game. I just put my crockpot with the chicken in the fridge. The next night I got home, reheated the chicken and added the dumplings. Still an easy way to have a quick homemade dinner.

I am so excited about next weeks Crockpot Day - my dear friend Jennifer shared a roast recipe for the crockpot that makes my mouth water just reading it! Be sure to come back next Tuesday for that one!

No comments: