Monday, February 14, 2011
Happy Valentine's Day!
You've seen the pillow case dresses, I'm sure. If not they, too, like many other things, are all OVER Etsy. The "inspiration" link is just one of many, but gives you directions to making one! I do not use a pattern to make this dress. The only thing I do measure is Jordonna's height, then I make it just a bit longer so that she can wear it once again the following year. This year's Valentine dress was a very last minute decision (last minute with my crafts is becoming a pattern?) I ran to Hobby Lobby on Friday evening and they had nothing appealing, so I quickly called "Calico Cats" to see if they were still open. YEA! They were. Quick run there and I still wasn't impressed with the material until I was ready to head out the door and saw the fat quarters. YES, you heard me right I made this pillow case dress our of fat quarters (for quilting). They were the perfect size and I LOVE THE DESIGN!!! Just wish my daughter would let me take a picture of her in the dress.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment