

It’s a beautiful day, beautiful day in the city – the town of Creede, actually! Tony climed into my bed around 7:30 this morning and tells me, “Mom, every morning PawPaw wakes up and starts the fire. That’s when I know I can wake up, but I am awake and PawPaw is not doing that. It’s time to get up. What’s wrong with PawPaw?” I convinced him to find a DSi, and lay with me a few more minutes while we waited for PawPaw to wake up. The minute he sees the first light and hears PawPaw open the fire place, he runs as fast as he can downstairs. I hear PawPaw tell him, “Tony, come look what’s outside.” I thought we would have animals in the front, but that’s not what it was – it was about an inch of fresh powder snow!!! Absolutely beautiful.

PawPaw and I went skiing this afternoon with Abi. I did not take a private lesson. Kent convinced me to just get up there and go. And I did – so glad I saved that $65! We had a great day skiing and then returned to the cabin to start our trip home – drove through the night, getting home around 4pm Saturday. Of course, we can’t head home without one last trip up that torturous road up the mountain from the cabin – today we needed to break out our “redneck” snow tires – chains didn’t work, but co-axle cable does the job! (I’ve used the word “redneck” entirely too much during our Colorado trip – I can’t take these people anywhere!)

As we head home here are a few thoughts I had from this week:
1. This area is such a tourist location, but there is not a whole lot around in any of these small towns.
2. Where do these people shop – for food, clothes, Christmas???
3. For a tourist location, why is there so much junk laying around in every yard throughout all of these small towns?
4. How do these people survive living here – most stores were closed the entire time we were here. They all said closed for the season or closed for the winter. How do they make a living only being open half of the year? They make so much on during “the season” that they can sustain themselves the rest of the year?
5. Each town has 1 school – grades K-12, TINY classes, but obviously if they have the school then people in this town are having kids. Where is the hospital? I’m thinking about how quickly I had my babies and I’d never make it to any hospital – there isn’t one anywhere close!
6. It’s Spring Break and Wolf Creek says this is the busiest time for Texas and parts of Oklahoma visitors – how is that not “the season”???
Just thoughts – not things that, if went unanswered, would hinder my living at all, but just makes you very curious!
It was a long drive and we were glad to get out of the car. The kids and I stayed at my parent’s house that night since we were all so tired. Friday we played in the snow, Sunday the kids were swimming in the river – from one extreme to the other!!!! Great end to a memorable Spring Break!
No comments:
Post a Comment